So here is the 'stripped down' version of my former recipe (a lot less recognisable as originating as the Forno Bravo 'Authentic Vera Pizza Napoletana Dough Recipe'):
1kg box Lighthouse Bread & Pizza Plain Flour
650ml Warm water (65% hydration)
1/2 tablespoon (15gm) Salt
1 tablespoon (6gm) Active Dry Yeast
1 splash Olive Oil
couple handfulls Plain Flour
Mixer with dough hook
Pizza Trays (8")
Dough Roller Docker (confused? click here)
Lightly floured flat surface
- Put dry ingredients in bowl of the mixer.
- Mix well.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the water gradually - you need all of it.
- Run the mixer on medium for maybe 5 minutes, then on slow for a minute or two.
- Make a big ball of the dough, splash on some olive oil, rubbing it around to coat the whole ball.
- Put the ball back in the mixing bowl, cover with Gladwrap (Saran wrap?) and put it in a warm place until doubled.
- Wait 1-2 hours. (If it gets really big, push the air out with your fist.)
- When you are ready to cook, lightly flour a flat surface.
- Tear off a 3/4 fist-sized chunk (for 8" pizzas).
(You may need to experiment to find your preferred size.)
- Make it into a ball. (If you are fussy, choose a smooth part of the ball, and stretch it downwards by rubbing the palms downwards, then pinch the remains together at the bottom.)
- Roll the ball out on the floured surface using the rolling pin. Thin is good
- Put the rolled out dough on a pizza tray and roll with the dough roller docker to perforate the surface.
- Add toppings, then cook.
...Geoff the Lazy Chef